Wednesday, August 13, 2008

why "super" squirrel ?

so I have selected "super" squirrel as my picture for many and various, reasons.

first, I smile when I see this picture. The best reason.

next, the picture reminds me of my old boss; he was always "squirreling" something from someone. his first thought was always "what's in it for me?" you have to both admire and dislike that in a person.

further, it reminds me of some other people i know that could very well be in a first responder field. they are always "squirreling" emergency calls with the object of the game being to either be "first" on every emergency call or the person with the "most" emergency calls to their name. i never could understand this mentality and it makes me re-think my involvement with an emergency call type operation. The reason you might ask? the answer is simple......i could never get myself to believe i'd want to be "first" or "most" on anyone else's emergency situation. mostly because i think if they've called 911, it just can't be "good". makes sense now doesn't it?

in the end, when all else fails see my first reason for this post.

Life perfect Ain't perfect If you don't know what the struggles' for Falling down Ain't falling down If you don't cry when you hit the floor It's called the past cause I'm getting past And I ain't nothing like I was before You ought to see me now
-Alicia Keys: Lessons Learned

No comments: